FIMA Developments recognises that Civil Engineering can impact on the environment. The goal of this environmental management policy is to minimise all such impacts. Whilst the final product of our work is dictated by the requirements of our clients we will recommend the use of environmentally friendly component products and recycled materials as alternatives wherever possible.
Our primary environmental goal is in the prevention of pollution, particularly in relation to water, air, noise and traffic. In documenting our environmental management policy we commit our organisation to the following goals:
- Establishment of a culture of continual improvement and prevention of pollution.
- Compliance with environmental legislation and our clients’ requirements.
- Establishment of a framework within the company’s integrated management system for setting and reviewing our environmental performance, objectives and targets.
- Education and training of our employees, subcontractors and anyone working on our behalf in the requirements of the environmental management policy
- Provision of emergency response mechanisms.
- Promoting the use of suppliers and sub-contractors who have an environmental management policy.
- Promoting the conservation of natural resources.